What is the School Council?
- Our school council represents the views of all pupils. It gives us the opportunity to make our voices heard and feel part of the whole school community.
- Our school council helps to make changes and improvements to try and make our school a nicer placer for everyone.
- At our meetings everyone gets a chance to speak and when we’ve finished we vote on the best ideas. Sometimes we have to talk to teachers and sometimes we have to talk to people outside of the school.
What will our School Council do?
We will hold meetings every Wednesday to discuss ways in which we can improve our school. We will will present the views of our classmates. We will keep everyone updated on our meetings:
- through the school website
- in class discussions and assemblies
- using the School Council noticeboard.
•Here at Hallam every class from Year 2 to Year 6 chooses a representative to be a member of the school council.
•Voting for council members takes place at the beginning of the school year.
•Before they are voted for, candidates have to give a speech to their class explaining why they want to be on the council.