At Hallam, we have designed our Maths curriculum with the intent that our children will become, resilient, independent, confident and fluent mathematicians. They will develop the skills that they can apply to situations beyond their classroom and within their daily lives.
We will deliver a curriculum that:
- Allows the children to learn new skills year on year and build on these skills as they progress through school
- Inspires learning through excellent teaching practices that build on prior learning and allow for repetition and progression of skills
- Encourages the children to be aspirational mathematicians throughout school
- Is inclusive and scaffolds learnings so that all our children can access learning
- Encourages our children to be self-motivated, independent and resilient by being fluent in the basic skills and developing skills that allow them to make mistakes and learn from them.
- Challenges the children to become excellent mathematicians that are fluent, accurate and confident when applying their skills to a range of contexts.
Our Calculation Policy can be found on our policies page.